Wizcomtech Ltd. is a pioneer and world leader in personal, portable, scanning dictionaries, reading Pens and scanning Pens. Our pocket-size, user-friendly Quicktionary® Pens enable students and people working in multilingual environments to translate and define printed material without disrupting their reading process. Our ReadingPen® products serve as assistive reading devices for people with reading difficulties such as dyslexia and our InfoScanTM Pens are an effective productivity tool for business people and students, allowing them to scan printed text and transfer it to a PC or handheld device either immediately or at a later time. our innovative technology can be found in our own products, as well as in a variety of applications offered by our partners.
Our products are developed using our unique expertise in linguistics (morphology, spellers & dictionaries) and image acquisition and processing. We have 'first' and 'best-of-breed' achievements in the fields of microelectronics, electro-optics (multiple patents and copyrights), and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) algorithm engines. We also incorporate leading third-party technology, such as the Real SpeakTM text-to-speech module by ScanSoft® and possess cutting edge acumen in ASIC & Compact Hardware Design, porting capabilities and open architecture. We emphasize usability and ergonomics when developing our products.
Wizcomtech has a strong presence in the consumer and special needs markets in North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Mediterranean. Our customers are people who want to understand and use text better - students, professionals, and laypersons of all ages. Available in a wide variety of languages, our line of translation, definition, and note-taking Pens is geared to meet the unique needs of each customer.
People with reading difficulties (from grade school and up) use our ReadingPen® products to help them understand text, improve overall reading skills and boost self-confidence. The ReadingPen® line is proven to enhance reading ability, self confidence, the learning process and the academic success of people with learning difficulties, including learning disabilities such as dyslexia or aphasia. The National Center for Technology Innovation (NCTI) has recognized the ReadingPen® as a technology-based approach that helps students with reading difficulties acquire better reading and comprehension skills.
In addition to the continual development of new products for established markets, Wizcomtech is currently focusing on creating new and improved products targeting the general education arena. These products are designed to help students of all ages (kindergarten to university level), improve their reading skills and overcome assorted literacy issues.
Wizcomtech Pens are sold in retail outlets and online through a network of regional partners around the globe. In addition, we license our proprietary translation databases to leading content providers such as Answers.com.
Each Wizcomtech product is shaped like a pocket-sized Pen with a display screen and keys. Users scan printed text with the tip of the Pen, and the small optical scanner located within the tip converts the scanned data into text format. The text can then be translated, defined, read aloud, or stored on the Pen for immediate or future transfer to the PC.
Depending on the model, our Pens can:
- Define and translate scanned words, phrases, idioms and professional terms into any of over 25 languages.
- Read scanned words aloud.
- Scan and transfer text immediately to PCs or handheld devices, or store text on the Pen and transfer to PC when convenient.
- Help people with reading difficulties and special needs (such as dyslexia, aphasia, and literacy issues) understand what they read with the help of audio-visual tools and markers on the Pen.
Our products include:
- Translators: These include the Quicktionary® Pens and Quicktionary®2 Professional Pens (offering the prestigious Houghton Mifflin Collection of professional dictionaries).
- Note-takers: Including the InfoScanTM and QuickLink-Pen® Elite Pens.
- All-in-one products: The Quicktionary®2 Premium (also sold under the SuperPen® brand) translates, defines, and stores text for transfer to the PC. The Quicktionary®2 Premium Professional contains a wide range of professional dictionaries and allows for the storage and transfer of scanned text between the Pen and PC.
- Special needs: Our ReadingPen® products are specially designed to help people with reading disabilities improve their reading and comprehension. Using a well-known monolingual dictionary, these Pens display the scanned words in large fonts, divide the words into syllables and read the words aloud. The Pens have the additional functionality of being able to spell the scanned words aloud, letter-by-letter. The ReadingPen® line offers an exciting and stimulating way for struggling student readers to easily and effectively improve their reading skills.
Some of our Pens feature built-in licensed dictionaries from well-known publishers such as Houghton Mifflin, Oxford University Press, Brockhaus Duden New Media, Taishukan Publishing Co., Van Dale Lexicography, Norstedts, Sanseido, J.W. Cappelens Forlag a.s., WSOY, etc. Some of our products are fitted with additional memory, allowing users to download and switch between any of our 28 proprietary dictionaries.
We take pride in our personal approach to customer support, which is available directly from Wizcomtech or locally through our distribution outlets.
Wizcomtech works with a number of leading content and technology partners. We provide our unique scanning technology, hardware platform, and proprietary content to companies around the world under licensing and OEM agreements. We also license third-party software and content for use in our Pens.