Literacy Tools - Quicktionary TS Premium
Wizcomtech suite of hand-held literacy support tools are used to effectively boost vocabulary, phonemic awareness, fluency and comprehension among a wide range of reading levels and learning abilities -- including those who have limited English proficiency and those who have been identified as learning disabled -- and are utilized in thousands of 21st century classrooms throughout the U.S and around the world.
|ReadingPen 2||ReadingPen TS||ExamPen|
|Hardware||Screen type||LCD||Touch Screen||LCD|
|Weight||3 oz||3 oz||3 oz|
|Translation Tools||English definition (AHD College & Children)||l||l|
|Idioms direct look-up||l||l|
|Recognizes all inflected forms (directs to corresponding entry)||l||l|
|Reading Features||Large font display||l||l||l|
|Reading aloud scanned text||l||l||l|
|Reading aloud dictionary definition||l||l|
|Other Features||Spell out||l||l||l|
(Optionally: play with words derived from History list)
Quicktionary TS Premium: Grades 6-12, ELL Secondary-School students and Adults
Wizcomtech's QUICKTIONARY TS Premium is a personal, portable and powerful hand-held reading translation pen that allows English Language Learners (ELL/ESL) to scan and interpret text quickly and easily to increase vocabulary, fluency and reading comprehension and in turn grow in confidence and competence.
With its touch screen and icon-based menu the QUICTIONARY TS Premium can scan, store and transfer up to 20,000 lines of text, offers 45 foreign language dictionaries, comprehensive translations, including idioms and phrases with up to 300,000 words/expressions per dictionary and transfers text directly into Windows-based applications on the PC. Providing multilingual assistive technology support, (English Text-to-Speech via built-in speaker and earphones) K-12 bilingual students and adults alike can build language proficiency without embarrassment, and receive vocabulary support in first and second languages for increased aptitude and success.
- Supports all reading levels
- Provides instant individual decoding support at any point in reading process
- Can work alongside/complement any chosen curricula and text type (books, magazines, newspaper)
- Helps educators meet special fluency needs and better match students to just-right-books and literacy materials
- Helps teachers identify vocabulary weakness and provide immediate corrective support
- Great for content-area classrooms for additional literacy support
- Flexible implementation for use in whole group, small group and independent learning environment
- Provides school to home literacy support
- Helps educators meet Adequate Yearly Progress goals for students
- Text-to-Speech technology supports Universal Design for Learning principals
- Allows ELL students to participate in general ed. classroom learning
- Comprehensive translation that extends beyond the simple, most frequently used meaning of the word.
- Direct look-up of idioms/phrases.
- Identification of inflected words and display of their corresponding entries.
- Recognition of over 300,000 words and expressions per dictionary.
- History option enabling retrieval of the last 80 reviewed words.
- Audio word pronunciation in English with Text-to-Speech (TTS) technology using built-in speaker or earphones.
- Recognition of a wide range of printed font types and sizes (6-22 points, up to 8mm), including inverted text on contrasting backgrounds (except red on white, white on red, blue on black and black on blue).
- Recognition and automatic merging of hyphenated text.
- Two display modes: Toggle between abridged and complete definition/translation display.
- Displays up to 5 lines of text on a high-resolution touch-screen.
- Virtual keyboard for manual word insertion or text editing (using the included stylus).
- Auto-complete function when inserting words in the Quicktionary using the virtual keyboard.
- Interactive games for practicing and enhancing vocabulary using reviewed words list (History) or entire dictionary list (not available in all products).
- Easy to use buttons and straightforward menus.
- Quick and easy navigation using the included stylus.
- Supports various user-interface languages.
- Right/left handed multi-directional scanning support.
- Auto shut-off feature to preserve battery life.